same here i forgot my pin and not able to change it.. but iam able to login with my fingerprint. any workaround?
Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)
Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-09-22T03:52:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-05-11T17:04:12+00:00 Hi RyanColt,
I'm Paul, a Microsoft Community Member. I hope I can help you with your concern.
Please check this article from helpdeskgeek.com and follow the given solutions.
https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-...
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites.
The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2021-01-24T11:09:58+00:00 Hello [shivendra],
Recently even I had the same Problem. There is a simple fix for this if you are in a school or work in a place where you have a Microsoft 365 student account for Microsoft Word, Excel etc You might have allowed your organisation to manage your device that means your work or school account has been connected to your desktop but there is nothing to worry about.
This is how to disconnect the school account and enable windows hello:-
- Go to Change account Settings
- Click on this button.👇
Then click on the Work or school account and click on Disconnect.
Then go to sign-in options. There you go Problem solved now you can use Windows Hello Pin, Fingerprint and Face but the next time you open a Microsoft app It will show you that you are logged out. There is nothing to worry about it just login again and this time make sure to uncheck the allow my organisation to manage my device Box and click on No Sign in to this app only and there you go all done. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN THIS PROCESS DO REPLY I WILL MAKE SURE TO HELP YOU
-
Anonymous
2020-09-25T07:02:47+00:00 okay I remembered my pin back ,now all login methods work . I tried your suggestion but still all the windows hello methods are not available in the settings. hopefully it is a bug and they address in it coming updates.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-16T12:06:45+00:00 Thanks, this is resolved my problem!