Do this:
- Win+X
- Windows Power Shell (Admin)
- type without quote: "Set-MpPreference -DisableRemovableDriveScanning 1"
- Restart.
IT NEVER BOTHERS ME, EVER AGAIN!
this problem occurs both on my laptop and PC (Windows 10 20H2),
I frustated with Windows Defender / Security for this problem, on my laptop even I tried to install Anti Virus (Kaspersky 30 day trial), to get rid Windows Defender so it will be inactive, but of course I don't want to pay for additional Anti Virus to all my devices just to stop this problem. That simple line to disable removable drive scans works like a charm.
Source: another thread here.
@MarhensaAditya Hadi,
That doesn't really help, because it is already set to 1 (True) and it was not enough to avoid the problem.
See the output of the Get-MpPreference from the PowerShell command below.
I still had to add the root folder of the external drives in the exclusion path list in the defender settings to eliminate the problem, see second snap shot below and also see how it shows in the MpPreference list exclusion path: