microsoft jigsaw is now displaying too large..

Anonymous
2020-05-22T00:28:54+00:00

There was an update to my version of microsoft jigsaw..the other day...since that update it displays too large..I can decrease its size via options but it is still too large...

Please advise..

Donna

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-23T04:55:37+00:00

    Holding control key and rolling mouse did not make a difference.

    Drivers are up to date via HP support assistance

    Changing resolution does not seem to affect the jigsaw puzzles

    The change happened yesterday when I went to the jigsaw puzzles and a message appeared that new puzzles were being added so I could not access it .  When I did access it later it was larger.

    I guess I may just have to live with it..

    Thanks for all of your help.

    Donna

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-23T06:08:29+00:00

    Donna, is there a System Restore point and if so what happens when you roll  back before the Update? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

    If that works then you can block the Updates that caused it:

    https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninsta...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-23T06:20:38+00:00

    I did do a system restore and at first the jigsaw puzzles were back to normal but then it updated to my current points...and it was large again...I even tried to look in  regedit to see if I could find it in the registry so I could delete it..I even uninstalled it several times but it always updates to my current points...and gets large again...

    I'd like to delete my points and go back to the beginning if I could..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-23T06:48:06+00:00

    Donna, if you System restored and it was normal, then it needs to either have a Windows Update or a Store Update blocked.

    I gave you earlier how to find and block a Windows Update:

    https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninsta...

    Essentially you'd install this Hide Update Tool: then as soon as you System Restore, run the Hide Updates tool until it finds Updates to install and then block them.

    For the Store updates (which might be more likely since you said it pertains to your points) then you can block that in MS Store Hub (three dots at top right of Store app) > Downloads and Updates. To turn off Microsoft Store auto-updates see here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15081/...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T19:00:52+00:00

    I have the same symptom as Donna, which started with a new required login update today (08-04-2020).  I've tried the suggestions above short of a roll-back (like Donna), but nothing's worked.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments