using a second external camera with microsoft teams

Anonymous
2020-04-06T23:34:50+00:00

I am an educator and will be using Microsoft Teams with students.  Is there a way to use a second external camera and share that image with the people in your meeting at the same time as the primary camera on my laptop?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

56 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T05:35:34+00:00

    I had some thinking about running split camera view on the presenter screen...

    I am about to try the following set up.

    A proposed solution is to run multiple cameras through another program such as OBS or Logitech Capture, both allow multiple camera inputs then output as a single. Then select the OBS or Logitech Capture as your input into Teams.

    I agree Microsoft should present this multi-cam feature for presenters... Whiteboard is only good for digitally written content - no physical tangibility which is what many teachers require such as Art which I what I am presenting, similar to soldering, you can't show how to make a ceramic sculpture, a ceramic planter pot, a card etc on the whiteboard...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T19:38:07+00:00

    I work with the Arduino and as a result use a document camera extensively to show setups and help students to trouble shoot their breadboards.  Thanks for the work around, this works for now.  I tried using the device settings to "switch" cameras, however I noticed that having a background negated the document camera altogether (the document cam background was black).  So I had to switch both device settings and the select/deselect the background filter in order to use the document camera while presenting.

    I urge Microsoft to explore more flexibility in their product to allow for multiple entries in using external media sources, both video and audio for example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T15:39:41+00:00

    This is *exactly* what is wrong with Microsoft. We ask for a feature, and your response is "No, you don't that feature. Use THIS feature instead!" Are you an educator? Have you ever tried giving a lecture on continuum mechanics using a digital whiteboard?  Zoom already has the second camera, which is why I'm switching to zoom even though my university doesn't have a subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-27T01:09:45+00:00

    I work with students that require sign language to participate.  We are working remotely, and the students really need to be able to see my signs and see what I am sharing - for example, a powerpoint, document camera, or video without me needing to stop, unshare, sign, reshare, etc etc.  Multiple screens is essential for their success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T02:17:10+00:00

    Yes, PLEASE add the second camera (or even a third) We want to be professional!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments