JW library showing no download location available

Anonymous
2020-04-10T18:10:32+00:00

go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T19:08:26+00:00

    Here is a very easy solution to this problem in Windows 10.

    Click on START->SETTINGS->PRIVACY. Scroll all the way to the bottom on the Left-Hand side.

    Click on VIDEO    -- You'll most likely see the JW Library, I circled in yellow, and other apps under "Choose which apps can access your videos library" set to Off and grayed out.

    If it's grayed out you'll have to click on Change. I have it Circled in Red. Notice the Sentence above Change it says, "Videos library access for this device is off."

    When you Click on Change, a small little box will Pop up that shows Off. Click it to turn On. This will change the sentence to say it's on. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it so you can see it. 

    Next Under "Allow apps to access your videos library" Click on the Off button, which I also have circled in Red, which should now be highlighted, click this to turn On.

    Now JW Library will show On. Exit out of this and JW Library "No Download Location" will be fixed. It's that simple. If you Click on JW Library and turn it Off again, you can duplicate this error.

    By following these steps you don't have to create a JW Library folder as mentioned in other solutions. JW Library now creates that folder as intended.

    Also you might not have to click change if it shows next to "Change" the "device is On." You'll just have to Click the Off button to On under "Allow apps to access your videos library.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T21:24:08+00:00

    I have tried everything many times. Ive spent countless hours on this. Im at a lost. Here is a screenshot showing I have the folder in music and videos. i have uninstalled and reinstalled JW Library 5 times. 

    Does this screenshot look right? I can't figure it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T21:35:46+00:00

    @ adamrice3

    Read my Post 8/25/2020 above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T22:02:45+00:00

    Hi Adamrice3,

    The snapshot I provided above, shows everything is set to "off." That snapshot was to show "why" it's not working. So, everything on your PC, on that same page, should show "on."

    ******@elkocountynv.net

    If they show off it won't matter that you have those folders in the correct location.

    Thanks,

    Victor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T22:10:38+00:00

    vtagus  at  yahoo

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments