JW library showing no download location available

Anonymous
2020-04-10T18:10:32+00:00

go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T13:51:24+00:00

    I tried everything but this seems to help.  

    Go to your folders and find the Video.   Right click and choose

    "Add to Library" 

    That should do it.   If you have trouble doing that you may have other antivirus apps getting in the way.  I would just uninstall  third party antivirus and let windows defender do its job.  

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T15:07:37+00:00

    Dear TonyP_722,

    Thank you for taking the time to check and reply.

    I had to recreate my Music and Video folders (by moving them back to default locations and then moving them back) and JW Library found them.

    I will remember your suggestion in case the problems reappears.

    Thanks again

    PDNvanEyck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T01:47:48+00:00

    Dear TonyP_722,

    I tried this but I cannot find the Windows command to "Add to Library" I am using Windows 10.

    Thanks

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T03:11:41+00:00

    You may have 3rd party antivirus apps installed.  Try uninstalling (reboot required) and go to windows defender antivirus settings.  There's an option Protect Folders.  You can either remove protection on the folder specifically or turn it off temporarily.  Try again to right click on the Videos folder. 

    If it doesn't show then you may have it added already. 

    See if the path shows under settings in you jw app for videos and music.

    You mentioned you already recreated it and its working?

    If so that option won't show up.  That means its already part of the library and the option to add won't be there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T19:42:53+00:00

    Thank you for thread withpossible solutions.

    Just creating folder doesn't helped in my case.

    Here how I proceed and my JW App working again.

    open Explorer (Windows Key + E) --> Options --> Tab View --> Select show libraries

    then go Libraries in explorer, right click on Videos --> Properties.

    Make sure, that you have set right Library Location. (In my case location was on network)

    Do the same for music library.

    Enjoy the JW App again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments