JW library showing no download location available

Anonymous
2020-04-10T18:10:32+00:00

go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T21:24:08+00:00

    I have tried everything many times. Ive spent countless hours on this. Im at a lost. Here is a screenshot showing I have the folder in music and videos. i have uninstalled and reinstalled JW Library 5 times. 

    Does this screenshot look right? I can't figure it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T19:08:26+00:00

    Here is a very easy solution to this problem in Windows 10.

    Click on START->SETTINGS->PRIVACY. Scroll all the way to the bottom on the Left-Hand side.

    Click on VIDEO    -- You'll most likely see the JW Library, I circled in yellow, and other apps under "Choose which apps can access your videos library" set to Off and grayed out.

    If it's grayed out you'll have to click on Change. I have it Circled in Red. Notice the Sentence above Change it says, "Videos library access for this device is off."

    When you Click on Change, a small little box will Pop up that shows Off. Click it to turn On. This will change the sentence to say it's on. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it so you can see it. 

    Next Under "Allow apps to access your videos library" Click on the Off button, which I also have circled in Red, which should now be highlighted, click this to turn On.

    Now JW Library will show On. Exit out of this and JW Library "No Download Location" will be fixed. It's that simple. If you Click on JW Library and turn it Off again, you can duplicate this error.

    By following these steps you don't have to create a JW Library folder as mentioned in other solutions. JW Library now creates that folder as intended.

    Also you might not have to click change if it shows next to "Change" the "device is On." You'll just have to Click the Off button to On under "Allow apps to access your videos library.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T19:42:53+00:00

    Thank you for thread withpossible solutions.

    Just creating folder doesn't helped in my case.

    Here how I proceed and my JW App working again.

    open Explorer (Windows Key + E) --> Options --> Tab View --> Select show libraries

    then go Libraries in explorer, right click on Videos --> Properties.

    Make sure, that you have set right Library Location. (In my case location was on network)

    Do the same for music library.

    Enjoy the JW App again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T03:11:41+00:00

    You may have 3rd party antivirus apps installed.  Try uninstalling (reboot required) and go to windows defender antivirus settings.  There's an option Protect Folders.  You can either remove protection on the folder specifically or turn it off temporarily.  Try again to right click on the Videos folder. 

    If it doesn't show then you may have it added already. 

    See if the path shows under settings in you jw app for videos and music.

    You mentioned you already recreated it and its working?

    If so that option won't show up.  That means its already part of the library and the option to add won't be there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T01:47:48+00:00

    Dear TonyP_722,

    I tried this but I cannot find the Windows command to "Add to Library" I am using Windows 10.

    Thanks

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments