JW library showing no download location available

Anonymous
2020-04-10T18:10:32+00:00

go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T16:46:57+00:00

    After much trial and error, I have solved what was the problem for me. I was experiencing the "No download location available" phenomenon in JW Library. At the same time, if I went to "This PC" in Windows File Explorer, it would hang there indefinitely, telling me it's "Working on it".
    As it turns out, a connected USB device (a Kindle Fire tablet, in my case) was plugged in, but wasn't connecting properly. As "This PC" was trying to follow all the links for connected drives, it kept finding a dead end while connecting to the tablet. I'm assuming this caused some sort of loop that prevented the file system from telling JW Library how to find the locations for music and video downloads. Try unplugging phones, tablets and other connected drives, and see if that solves your "No download location available" problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-26T11:41:58+00:00

    I have downloaded publications but I cannot find where they are. The settings only shows video and music but not texts. 'spent minutes looking and still cannot find them. Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments