Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Anonymous
2020-04-18T12:33:10+00:00

Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the one from the list (The "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option), it said that it was installed successfully, but when I clicked "close" and went back to Device Manager, it is still an Unknown Device. I have rebooted the computer several times, still had the same issue. It seems like the only solution left is to go back to the previous version but it's going to take way too long. Does anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-19T15:56:55+00:00

    You're most welcome! I'm pleased you got it sorted out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-19T18:10:01+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't believe this actually fixed my problem. You are a lifesaver!

    Welcome very much..  I wonder how many other things broke with this update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:48:58+00:00

    I have just found out that once the modified driver is installed, you can now also install the original driver(10.0.19041.1) in the Device Manager and it will work perfectly fine. So if any of you still prefers the latest driver for Windows 10, you can do so after following the video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T23:36:46+00:00

    Took 5 minutes and it worked.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX2GDzfT6A&feature=youtu.be

    Ha funcionado perfectamente.  Muchas gracias por la ayuda.

    It has worked perfectly. Thank you very much for the help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments