Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Anonymous
2020-04-18T12:33:10+00:00

Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the one from the list (The "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option), it said that it was installed successfully, but when I clicked "close" and went back to Device Manager, it is still an Unknown Device. I have rebooted the computer several times, still had the same issue. It seems like the only solution left is to go back to the previous version but it's going to take way too long. Does anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T12:37:30+00:00

    Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you.

    Sorry you're having trouble with your Xbox 360 wireless receiver.

    Have you tried uninstalling the device completely in Device Manager (Right click >Uninstall device) and then closing down Device manager and rebooting your computer?

    This will install the device automatically when rebooting.

    Then check to see if your problem is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T12:45:48+00:00

    Hello Neil, thank you for your reply.

    Yes I have also tried to uninstall the device completely, several times in fact. But when I tried updating the device afterward, it's still stuck as an Unknown Device. Windows doesn't seem to install the driver for the receiver automatically either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T13:17:17+00:00

    OK, can you try getting the driver from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/x...

    Make sure you choose the correct operating system (32 or 64Bit).

    Hopefully this manual driver installation will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T13:18:35+00:00

    OH, just figured that link doesn't contain Windows 10 drivers :|

    Sorry about that!

    Bare with me a second!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments