Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Anonymous
2020-04-18T12:33:10+00:00

Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the one from the list (The "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option), it said that it was installed successfully, but when I clicked "close" and went back to Device Manager, it is still an Unknown Device. I have rebooted the computer several times, still had the same issue. It seems like the only solution left is to go back to the previous version but it's going to take way too long. Does anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-15T17:12:52+00:00

    Hola SteveBryk:

    I need help you.

    Soy de Colombia, no entiendo mucho el ingles y no pude resolver mi problema con el adaptador wireless xbox 360.

    I don`t understand:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX2GDzfT6A&feature=youtu.be

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-12T23:08:02+00:00

    I have just found out that once the modified driver is installed, you can now also install the original driver(10.0.19041.1) in the Device Manager and it will work perfectly fine. So if any of you still prefers the latest driver for Windows 10, you can do so after following the video.

    How do you do that? I tried and it does not let me install any other version of the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T02:57:21+00:00

    Thanks so very much for this!!!

    This worked well for me too on one machine but on another with Secure Boot and Bitlocker enabled, it wont let you do the bcdedit /set step that is mentioned in the video. Disabling Secure boot and bitlocker might be an option for some but it was not for me so:

    Instead, you will need to get your bitlocker key and write it down as you will have to manually type it in during this process. If you dont know your bitlocker key see:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key 

    Once you have your Bitlocker Key written down, follow step one here to be able to install unsigned drivers, but during this process it will ask for your bitlocker key which you will have handy:

    https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-unsigned-drivers-windows10/#:~:text=The%20easiest%20way%20to%20install,on%20the%20%E2%80%9CRestart%E2%80%9D%20option.&text=The%20above%20action%20will%20restart,to%20the%20Advanced%20Boot%20menu.

    when it boots back up after you have enabled unsigned drivers, you can then right click on the .inf file you edited per the video's instructions and choose install like it says to do in the video...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-02T13:16:20+00:00

    It's for xusb21.inf ;/ My it's xusb22.inf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments