Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Anonymous
2020-04-18T12:33:10+00:00

Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the one from the list (The "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option), it said that it was installed successfully, but when I clicked "close" and went back to Device Manager, it is still an Unknown Device. I have rebooted the computer several times, still had the same issue. It seems like the only solution left is to go back to the previous version but it's going to take way too long. Does anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T11:38:17+00:00

    I dont have 360,

    just Wireless Xbox Controller. 

    What I did, I purchased the cheapest Bluetooth usb adapter and connected Controller to it - problem solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T09:26:19+00:00

    I found that I could install the original driver like Thunderz2016 mentioned, and that fixed the Forza issue.  Try that.

    Disculpe al traductor de Google. Descubrí que podía instalar el controlador original como el mencionado Thunderz2016, y eso solucionó el problema de Forza. Trata eso.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T16:18:55+00:00

    ahora Forza Horizon 4 no me reconoce el mando...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T04:08:29+00:00

    Hmm that's weird. After following the video posted by Steve I just opened Device Manager, went to the receiver, "Update Driver", Browser my computer for drivers, pick from the list, **unchecked "Show compatible hardware"**and then chose Version 10.0.19041.1 [2019-12-06]. After a few seconds it told me that the driver was successfully installed. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments