its exaclty the same with me
:/
internal microphone works and it is sooo bad quality
but others i connect wont work
i think i have to do a full W10 reinstall
:/
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio
Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried-
my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm jacks on my PC. Audio comes into the headphones fine, but the mic isn't detecting my voice. I figured maybe the mic on my headphones had died; annoying but not a big deal. Waited til my next paycheck and bought a nice fancy USB headset. Same issue. I tested both headsets on a different computer- the mics work fine on it, only on my PC does the mic not work. The microphone appears in the Recording Devices menu, but no levels/green bars fluctuate when I speak into the mic.
To recap my troubleshooting steps so far-
I've tried two different headsets- one with a pair of 3.5mm jacks, one with USB. Both are detected in Recording Devices, but neither work. Both mics work on other computers and with my phone. Just for clarity, I use them individually- I had one headset, then when the issue first popped up I bought another, thinking the mic had died. Audio plays fine, just the mic doesn't work.
The device is enabled in the Sound menu. No levels (the green bar that should rise and fall when it detects sound) are detected in the Recording Devices menu.
My Privacy Options have been checked, my mic is listed as "on" and all apps have access to my mic. I've tried Troubleshoot in the Windows Settings menu under Sound but I get the message "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."
Tried using the Troubleshoot button in Windows, but no problem is detected.
My headset/microphone appears in my Device Manager.
All drivers are updated, both for my soundcard and for the microphone/headsets themselves.
I've also tried re-installing windows without any change, and I've tried plugging both mics into different ports (I have several USB ports and 2 different sets of 3.5mm ports, neither worked with the mics.I've tried downloading drivers from the manufacturers of my mic as well.
I have no clue what else to check. Volume is up, mute is not on, and again- both microphones I've tested work on other devices. The sound from the computer comes in fine, but I cannot get any microphone to work, even though it is detected.
If you need any additional info from me to possibly troubleshoot this issue, feel free to ask and I will deliver. Thanks for any and all support on this! I really, really want to use my mic again!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
its exaclty the same with me
:/
internal microphone works and it is sooo bad quality
but others i connect wont work
i think i have to do a full W10 reinstall
:/
The only mic which does work is the internal mic from the laptop and it doesnt make a good sound all the other even the external sound card I bought doesnt work
I actually gave up trying everything I found on the web
I can’t believe microsoft doesnt do anything about it after all the posts I saw :(
Did you find a solution ?
I have the same problem :/
Mic detected but not sound form it
I can hear audio but it doemst detect my voicw
The slide that is inside the microphone configuration doesnt move
I have already tried everything you said on your post too
I had the same problem across multiple microphones across multiple busses (USB, onboard audio). So it wasn't hardware or something obvious.
My fix was that this setting was on: "Allow apps to use voice activation"
Once I disabled that setting, all applications were able to access all of my microphones. I'd never heard of this setting before. This bugged me for months, and I'd be considered a very advanced user (former SDET for kernel and drivers, including audio).
Just ask Cortana to look up "voice activation" and it'll take you to that settings page to turn it off. Good luck!
it work for me for about 2 month now it broke and i have the same problem again
Discord inlay with mic systematics hackfag is mucking your <Over 9000 people> microphone. The helper knows it. Vendetta.