I dont mean my android device was plugged into the laptop, I tried formatting my USB drive, I had downloaded the file on my android and wanted to transfer it to the USB drive. However, it was having trouble formatting it, so I tried connecting the USB drive into the laptop and when I turned on the laptop I got the error. I tried restarting it without the USB drive and I still got the error.
I Think I Deleted System32
I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-04-16T14:37:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-04-16T15:33:37+00:00 Hi Kai,
Got it, thanks. Kindly try another USB, please.
I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor
-
Anonymous
2020-04-16T16:14:33+00:00 Tried another one, still having trouble formatting it. I'll look up some ways in an Android forum for now.
-
Anonymous
2020-04-16T16:52:36+00:00 Getting the same ",Boot Device Not Found" message, ive managed to get the iso on the usb stick and it still doesnt work. I cant access anything at all other than system diagnostics now.
-
Anonymous
2020-04-17T02:59:14+00:00 Hi Kai,
Got it, thanks. Ensure your USB is the primary boot sequence in the BIOS menu. Then please unplug all other devices from the USB port, except your USB drive, and reboot your PC.
If you get the same error, then kindly proceed with that Diagnostics & run a hard drive test to identify the issue. If it identifies a hardware issue, then I suggest try another USB drive; a new one would be good.
You might also try going back to your BIOS menu & see where you can change the "Legacy Support" & the "Secure Boot" status. Meaning, if the "Legacy Support" is "Disabled", change it to "Enabled or vice versa, whichever is applicable. Do the same with "Secure Boot". Reboot your PC again to USB & see if it passes through.
To access your BIOS menu, repeatedly press F10 to get in. If that won't work, then press F2 or F6.
I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor