I Think I Deleted System32

Anonymous
2020-04-14T12:58:07+00:00

I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T13:28:42+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    Don't use your android device. Kindly use a regular USB drive.

    Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T11:28:31+00:00

    I was going through trouble formatting it using my Android device, so I plugged it into the laptop, and I got "boot device not found". 

    Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

    Hard Disk (3F0)

    F2 System Diagnostics

    For mote information, visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.

    I went to the website, nothing worked or applied to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T01:25:10+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    Got it, thanks. Now, if that's the case then you may re-install WIndows either using your CD/DVD installer or via an installation media below.

    1. Download Windows 10 ISO installation media below to your blank external hard drive.

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=616447

    1. Then follow the "installation media" steps below to re-install your Windows.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/...

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T16:26:09+00:00

    Also I dont have anything on my laptop I would like to keep, so I dont mind if all my data is lost.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T16:24:28+00:00

    Path not found again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments