I Think I Deleted System32

Anonymous
2020-04-14T12:58:07+00:00

I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T14:57:49+00:00

    Still got the no boot message. Also, I haven't yet run system diagnostics because I didn't know which one to run. I have two options for the tests, "Storage Tests" or "Memory Test". I get two options for "Storage Tests", Quick Check or Extensive Check. For now, I'm going to do the Quick Test, I'll update you when its complete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T13:59:30+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    Got it, thanks. Now, let's do this instead. Plugin your USB install media drive (without any other devices plugin into the USB ports), turn on your PC & repeatedly press the ESC key > as soon as you see the "Startup Menu", press F9 > then choose USB to boot to your USB drive.

    In case you're able to get in & install Windows, you may revert the BIOS settings by repeatedly press the ESC key > as soon as you see the "Startup Menu", press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup. When in BIOS, navigate to "System Configuration > Boot Options" > ensure these settings updated. Reboot your PC, once done.

    • Legacy Support is Enabled

    • Secure Boot if Disabled

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T11:29:44+00:00

    After I turned on legacy mode, I got this message

    No bootable device -- indert boot disk and press any key.

    I tried using f10 for the BIOS menu but it doesnt work anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more