I Think I Deleted System32

Anonymous
2020-04-14T12:58:07+00:00

I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T19:20:55+00:00

    ISO 2 USB keeps getting the "Can't find USB Driver" message. And i cant use drivedroid since my device is not rooted and im under paid warranty. My other USB stick simply won't work at all. Is thete any way I can go back to Automatic Repair???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T18:29:36+00:00

    Just wondering, doesn't Android use FAT32? I thought Windows could only read NTFS files? Or at least, most of them I think? I'm not sure. I have a HP Stream '14 x32 Architechture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T15:01:23+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    I'm sorry to hear that. You can try Rufus tool alternatives for Android such these once below or if you have your Windows 10 CD/DVD, that would be great.

    Otherwise, you'll have to find a PC to make this work. Here are the links on how to use these Rufus alternatives below.

    DriveDroid: https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-windows1...

    ISO 2 USB: https://techbland.com/create-a-bootable-usb-fro...

    (Note: These are non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

    Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T12:07:00+00:00

    I only have access to my Android phone, and not another computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T03:42:09+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    Got it, thanks. Now, in your BIOS screenshot, I've looked at the Boot Order & the USB drive is already on top of the list, which means you've already set it as the primary boot.

    With that, it's either your USB is having a hardware issue or the installation media was either not configured properly or corrupted.

    Kindly follow & complete these steps below. If all fails, I recommend replacing a new USB hardware to proceed.

    1. Kindly follow the "Media Creation Tool" steps from the link below & see if you're able to boot from the USB.

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windo...

    (Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

    1. If that won't work, then follow the "Rufus tool" option shown on the same link above.
    2. If that fails, repeat the "Rufus tool" process but changing step 9 Partition scheme to "MBR" instead.

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments