I Think I Deleted System32

Anonymous
2020-04-14T12:58:07+00:00

I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T14:57:51+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    You're most welcome. It's been awesome working with you.
    Well, if you need any Windows 10 help, feel free to message us anytime & we'd be more than happy to help.

    Thanks for your time & please take care always.
    Stay healthy & happy. Cheers!

    Sincerely,
    Paul A.
    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T13:46:11+00:00

    Ok, thank you. As I clarified earlier, I did not plug my android device into my computer, but had plug the empty USB Drive into the computer, and that's when I got the boot error. However, I do understand the situation now, and I am responsible. Thank you for all your support, its really great of people out there like you helping people in their free time. Thank you very much, Paul.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T13:32:16+00:00

    Hi Kai,

    I'm sorry to hear that. And you're correct, I stand correct. Your hard drive did pass the hardware diagnostics tests. The reason you cannot access it now is that the hard drive was formatted using your Android phone last week. No wonder why we cannot access the Windows Recovery Environment (WRE) & HP's System Recovery (F11). I do apologize for this.

    Now, I reviewed our thread conversation, since we started, to see what else I can do. And as of this stage, the only available next step is just to install Windows 10. That's it. You have to find a way to boot into the USB drive. The recommended way of creating the installation media is via a PC. There may be another way of using Android, but we cannot guarantee its' success at this stage.

    With that, I've put up a list below for you, to lead you to the ideal contacts for further help in getting your Android apps boot to the Windows 10 ISO.

    1. Try to reach out to these authors (Admin & Christian Cawley) who claimed to have booted Windows 10 via ISO 2 USB and/or DriveDroid apps.

    • For ISO 2 Admin, post a comment to Admin: https://techbland.com/create-a-bootable-usb-fro...

    • For both ISO 2 USB & DriveDroid, you may either email/twitter/Facebook message Christian Cawley: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/recover-pc-using-...

    1. You can also reach out to the developers of these apps below.

    ISO 2 USB: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

    EtchDroid: https://etchdroid.depau.eu/

    1. You can also collaborate with the Android Comunity.

    Android Community: https://support.google.com/android/community?hl=en

    (Note: These are non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

    I truly apologize for this & I'm hoping you'll all be good in due time.

    Stay healthy & happy! Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T09:51:01+00:00

    Theres no hard disk for the UEFI, but OS Boot Manager is at the top. For Legacy, Notebook Hard Drive was at the top. Still, no luck. Also, I teied doing the F11 process - nothing happens. I tried both from boot (power and f11) and from the startup menu. Takes me to a blank screen from the startup menu, ans nothing happens when I try from boot - I also tried disabling and enabling legacy mode - no change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T09:05:26+00:00

    I dont think the hard disk is physically damaged, its a very tightly packed laptop. I just couldnt get my hands on installation media, after all. I'll try what you said, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments