Okay, all the tests have passed, not sure if it actually checked the USB drive, mine flashes when its in use, didnt see any flashing. Anyways, here's my screen. Did what you said, still nothing...
I Think I Deleted System32
I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the Automatic Repair loop. From there, I couldn't use reset my PC, I have no backuos, StartUp check doesn't work either. I followed some tutorials and it said to run SFC, so I did that - Windows Resource Protection failed or something like that. I tried to use chkdsk /f but it said the type is ntsf and its write protected. I do not have access to another computer, but I do have a high-end smartphone with lots of memory to spare, and I also have a USB-C to USB adapter, so if theres anything I can download on android and plug into the computer, I think i can do that with my android smartphone. I just need help, please...
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-04-17T17:41:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-04-17T17:05:40+00:00 Okay, I'll do that when the tests are done. My laptop is pretty slow, so its probably going to take a while. Also, is there any other platforms that we could chat on to make communication easier? If you're comfortable with that, of course.
-
Anonymous
2020-04-17T15:45:10+00:00 By the way Kai,
Can you also take a photo of the BIOS screen in "System Configuration > Boot Options" & attached it here, so I can see?
I appreciate it much. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor
-
Anonymous
2020-04-17T15:15:17+00:00 Hi Kai,
Got it, thanks. Kindly try both the Storage Tests & Memory Test. Thank you.
- Once done, kindly go back to BIOS by repeatedly pressing the ESC key > as soon as you see the "Startup Menu", press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup.
- When in BIOS, navigate to "System Configuration > Boot Options" & ensure these 2 settings are updated, as shown below.
• Legacy Support = Enabled
• Secure Boot = Disabled
- Once done, press F10 to save the settings.
- Then, re-plugin again your USB install media drive (without any other devices plugin into any other USB ports), turn on your PC & repeatedly press the ESC key > as soon as you see the "Startup Menu", press F9 > see if you can see the USB option now.
I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor
-
Anonymous
2020-04-17T15:05:58+00:00 It passed on the quick test. Let me know which test I should run next.