Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Anonymous
2020-02-26T13:40:33+00:00

New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.

How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. 

I have - Windows updates ON and current.

I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )

This happen seven when the computer is at rest.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T20:59:56+00:00

    Here it is sorted on disk usage - It is mostly microsoft **** that I cannot turen off. It was over 50MBs at 100% usage just before I did this capture

    It does not matter what the disk bandwidth is, the usage is always 100%

      

    When the Microsoft apps quit using the BW, then the disk usage goes below 100% - see that google chrome is now at the top of the list:

    The problem is it took 10 minutes foir the disk usage to drop below 100%. The Disk usage does not follow the actual bandwidth.

    Above usage was 86% at 3.5 MBs

    Below usage was 52% at 8,8 MBs

    They should track

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T22:15:37+00:00

    go to privacy setting serach for background app then turn the off

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-23T05:00:48+00:00

    Thank you for attaching screenshot.

    You will need to do end task of following process by Task manager. Just right click on specific process and click end task.

    1. Apple Push
    2. Apple Software Update
    3. Bonjour Service(it is related to iTunes)
    4. EaseUS todo backup application
    5. Google update setup
    6. Google installer(32 bit)
    7. Google installer(32 bit)

    Also right click on "HD Audio background process" and click on "search online". And take decision according to web solution. 

    Surely your disk usage will definitely go down up-to 50-70%.

    Also attach photo as I attached. More Can I help you to reduce disk usage.  

    Don't forget to attach photo as I attached. I want to see other processes that can be end task.  

    Also attach photo of startup tab in task manager. 

    I wish your problem solved.

    Don't hesitate to reply, I will help you. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T00:19:10+00:00

    Your suggestion of stopping programs does not solve the problem of 100% disk usage caused by OS issues. I have tried this and even a clean OS install. 

    The programs come and go that use bandwidth. Other systems allow those and many other apps to run and do not use all the disk BW. There is something wrong.

    We need to find out what is hanging and finally resolves that is not showing up in the task manager. It takes 10 minutes to initiate things that should take 1 minute.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T02:03:53+00:00

    It may be something to do with Disk Defrag.

    I have read several blog entries that recommend unchecking the:

    'Increase task priority, if three consecutive runs are missed'

    box in the 'Optimise Drives' settings.

    I have just done this on a new install on a laptop that was previously affected.

    The laptop is running fine at the moment , but insufficient time has elapsed since the setting change to prove that this is the problem.

    The jury is still out.

    If this fails I think I will install LINEX. 🙂

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments