Good Morning.... THANK YOU for your reply. One step that I cannot seem to "find" is PROCESS DISK...
"then on top of same window page select 'Process disk' 'check' write, read, write bytes, read bytes"
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.
How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns.
I have - Windows updates ON and current.
I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )
This happen seven when the computer is at rest.
Thanks in advance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I also have this same issue on 3 Dell computers. 100% Disk usage. I suspect it is related to Windows Search. The problems come at the same time. When you switch on the computer, it is slow. 2 goes into a constant loop.
One of my computers crashed after I tried to resolve this issue. There go my purchased programs. I end up having to change to 2 hard disks. 1 software cannot be installed as there is no support now.
Next, if I disable the Windows Search, the % will go down. But it removes the search function.
Hello I am not a Microsoft technician but I repair pcs and this is the most common problem I have faced with windows 10.My most regular solution to this problem is Privacy settings and disable the background processes.
2 of my computers are down. One the hard disk is changed. The next one will also have the hard disk changed.
I have another 2 dell computers going to have the same problem. Guess, I will change the hard disk again. Trying to clone the hard disk and dump the old hard disk. I need to clone because 1 of the software doesn't have any support left and cannot be activated. MS Office and Acrobat can be downloaded from their websites and can be activated.
The problem seems to come at the same time with Windows 10 latest update and Windows Search. Once I had 100% disk usage, I have a feeling the disk is spoilt even though I manage to disable the Windows Search which reduces the 100% to 1-10%.
My hard disk might be down because I tried all the available advice from the internet like scan and repair the hard disk.