Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Anonymous
2020-02-26T13:40:33+00:00

New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.

How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. 

I have - Windows updates ON and current.

I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )

This happen seven when the computer is at rest.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-28T02:13:50+00:00

    Thank you. Unfortunately, you sorted the same in the ascending order :(

    See the arrow in the screenshot I attached on the Disk tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-28T02:14:22+00:00

    Yours is at the right and mine is from the left.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-28T02:46:45+00:00

    I have this problem ALL OF THE TIME; so often, that I rarely use my laptop and do everything on my tiny iPhone. In the past it was always Cortana and/or Cortana + Search that were the "hogs". I hear that "racheting up" sound (like when your computer isn't completely booted up yet) THE ENTIRE TIME my computer is on, with only infrequent pauses of a few seconds at a time, back to sounding like it is loading....even while at rest.

    Today, after a long spell of not even turning on this laptop, I installed all updates so that it is current, and have a new and different "hog", plus a mystery task manager addition....

    Microsoft Teams.... wth even is this and why would it be added without my permission and to open at start up.... and.... TO STAY RUNNING AFTER CLOSED....

    I am taking a wild guess that Microsoft Teams is the odd "Program" that is now showing up as well, in task manager.

    I think it's time to try out a Mac?!!??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-28T14:47:49+00:00

    I am sorry ---my mistake. He is a shot from 5 minutes ago.. I rebooted as soon as I opened tak manager I an 100 %

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-28T14:50:39+00:00

    I "feal your pain " I only have Windows 10 because I HAVE TOO --- Quickbooks accounting app is all I use the computer for.....and its almost impossible to live with.

    In reguards at Mac, i have a new Mac book air....and its like going from a pedal car car to a Porsche.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments