Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Anonymous
2020-02-26T13:40:33+00:00

New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.

How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. 

I have - Windows updates ON and current.

I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )

This happen seven when the computer is at rest.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T15:42:48+00:00

    I unchecked the optimize drive settings and there was no change.

    The WDC drive has 75MB/s of bandwidth when tested and Task Manager shows only a few MB/s being used. So the rest of the bandwidth is being used by something else. That is what I am trying to find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments