Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Anonymous
2020-02-26T13:40:33+00:00

New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.

How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. 

I have - Windows updates ON and current.

I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )

This happen seven when the computer is at rest.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-20T00:44:23+00:00

    Is there a way you replace your hard disk, if it is in warranty the best you can do is to replace it with a newer one. My strategy is always to stay on a safer side while using XERO & QUICKBOOKS, I use both and have a separate system dedicated to just these with 300 GB sata hard disk, for my other tech business that requires a lot of dedicated space I have availed 2TB SATA hdd, but I never run a qb or xero there, couldn't compromise clients data, as few years back I had suffered a similar problem though not exactly the same but got my sata hdd replaced from here (I do not prefer refurbished though) as it was under warranty, just had to talk a few times though. So having this issue means you need to change the hard disk for a better one, this could be a viable option in my opinion since I do not used to waste 30-40 hours in resolving an issue that cost more per few hours than the actual price of the drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-03T01:51:49+00:00

    Is this issue resolved yet? I am facing the same issue and can’t find a genuine fix for this :( Any help would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-29T17:07:24+00:00

    I had the same issue and it ended up being the APPX service causing the 100% disk usage.

    AS soon as you ed task on it it dropped my disk from 100% to 5%. here is how to disable it. hopefully that helps some of you.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2bc8708-3a21-4b07-abf6-e9359e3e7961/appx-deployment-service-appxsvc-always-runs-at-startup-despite-set-as-manual-how-comes?forum=win10itprosetup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T23:09:56+00:00

    Yes, it is the 2004 update 

    there are more objective threads outside this forum

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T10:41:53+00:00

    The problem started soon after we bought the machine. This all-in-one machine uses a special power supply and that to me is a red herring that worked for a desktop with an industry-standard desktop power supply. The fact that one person has the problem on two laptops pretty much tells me it is not a voltage/power problem.

    HWmonitor will tell you if there are hardware issues off https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

    Diskcheckup will tell you the health of your disks  https://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup/

    Thanks SSkillman. I'll try the links you posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments