App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T01:33:13+00:00

    I was able to get V18.5 of Myob working after windows completed update recently with the Regedit workaround:

    Open Regedit as administrator

    Expand Local Machine Directory

    Expand Software Directory 

    Expand Microsoft Directory

    Scroll down and expand Windows Directory

    Expand CurrentVerison directory

    Expand Policies

    Click on System

    Open up EnableLUA

    Change Value Data from 1 to 0 

    Restart your machine then open up MYOB. 

    Hope this helps :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T01:49:08+00:00

    It actually worked after step 5 and I wasted some time trying to do step 6 - The current version of windows10 seems to no longer have Accessories as a program or app.

    Thank you Guo!!

    PS the 32 bit compatibility administrator worked for MYOB standard v19. (the very old version which I went back to after I really did not like their much more cumbersome and user unfriendly upgrade)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T02:19:28+00:00

    I have the same issue since yesterday.

    Leah Chapmans Registry solution works, but I think Microsoft has caused a security issue with this.

    Having to turn off EnableLUA to continue using old apps is not a great idea.

    This will have huge repercussions because many people around the world use old apps. 

    Personally, I've wasted a day trying to resolve his problem with long chat sessions with Microsoft and then McAfee who pointed me in the untrusted certificate direction. 

    Thanks Leah you made it easy to get on with my real work.

    George Kenyon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T02:20:59+00:00

    I was able to get V18.5 of Myob working after windows completed update recently with the Regedit workaround:

    Open Regedit as administrator

    Expand Local Machine Directory

    Expand Software Directory 

    Expand Microsoft Directory

    Scroll down and expand Windows Directory

    Expand CurrentVerison directory

    Expand Policies

    Click on System

    Open up EnableLUA

    Change Value Data from 1 to 0 

    Restart your machine then open up MYOB. 

    Hope this helps :)

    Thank you!  This worked perfectly.  Easy fix and everything is working as normal.  On another note Microsoft - it's my computer and if I want to run an older programme, it's nothing to do with you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments