App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T05:34:50+00:00

    Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

    It seems that your computer is joined to a domain andanaged by an organization. If that's the case, you need to contact your system administrator for help.

    If not, please advise if you have third party antivirus or malware protection installed.

    Please let me know if I can help you further!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T06:00:26+00:00

    I am the administrator on the computer and have not changed anything. I was using MYOB yesterday and now I cant open it back up! Also I have Trend Micro protection on my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T06:36:01+00:00

    Please try following this article to add an exception for MYOB. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same Trend Micro you have installed. If it is not, do send in a screenshot of it.

    https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/page...

    Please let me know if I can help you further!

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T09:34:22+00:00

    I have the same issue as well, disabled AVG, allowed program through firewall (defender) and it still says i'm blocked. 

    Was using it fine a few hours ago!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments