App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T01:51:38+00:00

    I had the same issue, this was my solution:

    Find the file Myobp.exe.manifest and open using Notepad

    Change level="HighestAvailable" to level="AsInvoker"

    Save and close the file.

    Try again :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T01:00:45+00:00

    I agree, this is the more elegant fix. Unblocking everything via the registry is not a good idea.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T20:37:42+00:00

    Hi all,

    Follow the steps in this video (click on link below) to sort out the issue. I just solved mine a few minutes ago.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T11:00:11+00:00

    my Windows 10 Pro blocked my MYOB accounting software.  

    I use Kaspersky Anti Virus software.

    How to unblock?

    Hi

    Follow the advice by Guo.au

    Following instructions here:

    https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

    This is better than changing your registry directly - as this will only disable the UAC/windows block for specific programs, not all programs.

    I followed the instructions (my myob install is in c:\myob) and it works.

    Cheers

    Luke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments