App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-17T03:43:48+00:00

    OMG that was intense.  I am NOT super Techy and it took me ages to work out where to find the .exe file etc, but finally got it all sorted.  THANK YOU so much!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-16T13:04:53+00:00

    Thank you Leah, worked a treat :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-11T06:43:44+00:00

    Thank you. This was an easy fix, and worked for me. Whew!!

    this works for me

    Thanks a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-10T04:23:57+00:00

    Not so sure if this is a MYOB created issue. My case happened after a computer restart, this was after a prompted message for a software update from microsoft. 

    MYOB so far never updates software remotely for the past decade I have been using it. I am using AVG antivirus and I think antivirus software has nothing to do with this. The fix I used was to change the registry permission to the .EXE file by downloading a windows application file. 

    Past messages I have found all point to microsoft updates which banned applications with outdated certificates even though they are working fine a while ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments