App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T07:29:09+00:00

    Thank you. This was an easy fix, and worked for me. Whew!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T06:22:08+00:00

    The Dereck Hu solution is safer security wise.

    Yesterday I changed the EnableLUS flag suggested by Leah Chapman to get the program going on an old PC and I thank her for that.

    But today used the Microsoft Application Compatibility Tools version suggested by Derek on my main PC because it only affects one program and maintains the Windows security intact.

    Having said that it's a complicated process for a non technical person.

    This is going to cause huge problems over many apps, Accounting was the obvious apps to find this on first, there will be many more when people get around to using apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T02:04:10+00:00

    Thanks so much for posting this.  You saved the day!  I was concerned that I'd go back to MYOB and they'd say that no longer supported my version and that I'd have to move to a paid version!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T01:51:38+00:00

    I had the same issue, this was my solution:

    Find the file Myobp.exe.manifest and open using Notepad

    Change level="HighestAvailable" to level="AsInvoker"

    Save and close the file.

    Try again :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments