I had the same problem. Tried multiple Win10 fresh installs with no luck. Then came across this page and tried "Apps" in the filter area - boom it works for me.
This is on a fresh windows install. Not sure why I got lucky.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I noticed yesterday when checking for updates on Windows Store for my installed apps that My Library is empty. The Store shows my installed apps and games, but my All Owned and Ready To Install is empty. This is a fresh up to date install of Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, and OS Build 18363.657. I've already done wsreset, and ran the Windows Store troubleshooter. I've also signed out of the Store and signed back in.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'll give you everything possible in order of what's worked best helping to fix the Store a dozen times a day for years. Even if you've tried a step please do it over in this sequence. If any steps cannot be performed then move on to the next. One of these will always fix it, are targeted and least disruptive:
- Try updating Store apps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402625...
- Make sure you have the latest Windows 10 version 1909 in Settings > System > About and if not skip to Step 10 to install it by the most stable method which will always solve Store problems.
- See if the fixes here help: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3053099/windows...
- Try running the Windows Store apps Troubleshooter in Windows Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
(see original post for the full list...)
Greg, thanks for your super-comprehensive list of 11 steps to try. Gave you 5 stars. Fortunately, I only had to go to #3 which finally fixed my Store issues.
Prior to this fix, I've had to manually update apps one-by-one for weeks as Microsoft Store app (even after updating to the latest version) repeatedly falsely reported that everything was up to date and "good to go", but would never update anything automatically. After trying earlier suggestions here as well as WSRESET, your list finally resolved it. Tons of long overdue updates are automatically downloading and installing at this very moment. (With over 300 apps installed, I didn't have time to do them all manually.)
BTW, I'm glad I didn't have to waste time trying #4. I can't recall the last time a Windows Troubleshooter resolved anything. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
Oh yes, it can potentially help to do these standard procedures because the cause is still unknown and maybe some of these do the trick.
But the topic was about the cases where these standard steps were not working which circumstance - with all due efforts - gets ignored by all these keen and attentive supporters which thankfully provide us with carefully chosen instructions copied and pasted in good hopes. I think, we are all grateful about this.
I'll give you everything possible in order of what's worked best helping to fix the Store a dozen times a day for years. Even if you've tried a step please do it over in this sequence. If any steps cannot be performed then move on to the next. One of these will always fix it, are targeted and least disruptive:
- Try updating Store apps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402625...
- Make sure you have the latest Windows 10 version 1909 in Settings > System > About and if not skip to Step 10 to install it by the most stable method which will always solve Store problems.
- See if the fixes here help: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3053099/windows...
- Try running the Windows Store apps Troubleshooter in Windows Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
(see original post for the full list...)
Greg, thanks for your super-comprehensive list of 11 steps to try. Gave you 5 stars. Fortunately, I only had to go to #3 which finally fixed my Store issues.
Prior to this fix, I've had to manually update apps one-by-one for weeks as Microsoft Store app (even after updating to the latest version) repeatedly falsely reported that everything was up to date and "good to go", but would never update anything automatically. After trying earlier suggestions here as well as WSRESET, your list finally resolved it. Tons of long overdue updates are automatically downloading and installing at this very moment. (With over 300 apps installed, I didn't have time to do them all manually.)
BTW, I'm glad I didn't have to waste time trying #4. I can't recall the last time a Windows Troubleshooter resolved anything. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Since it is working for me too now, it is definitely on Microsoft's side because I did not change a thing. All one can do is waiting, it seems, until apps are showing up again somewhere. All in all, it is quite bad for an app store.