Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-05T15:57:11+00:00

    Yes, I have tracked to same conclusion. With bluetooth headset and phone connected by bluetooth app cannot make the call. While using wired headset everything works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T20:52:53+00:00

    I had the same issue with my bluetooth headphones. I have them connected to my computer and can use them to make any number of conference calls on Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc. I can connect my Galaxy Note9 to my PC and see the screen and dial out, but I was unable to hear the audio through my bluetooth headset. If I disconnect my bluetooth headset then I can hear the audio through my computer speakers, and use the mic.

    The only way I can make this work is if I disconnect my bluetooth headset from the computer, and instead connect it to the phone. Then during the phone call I can select "Use Phone" from the Phone app and then click the bluetooth icon (from the phone screen) and point it to my headset. If I look at my bluetooth settings on the phone at that point I can see that my computer is "Connected for calls" and my headset is "Connected for audio and calls".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-08T18:47:48+00:00

    Have you already looked at this?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4531607/troubleshooting-calls

    Have you looked at Settings>System>Sound? What do you have showing and if you need to check Advanced Sound options. Where are your headphones connected, plugged in?

    Wow just find out microphone was disabled, no wonder why Your phone app refuse to switch from "use phone"

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-11T00:19:21+00:00

    Same situation here, the problem is when you have Bluetooth headset connected, not works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T08:58:18+00:00

    Same for me.

    Everything was working, hat to reinstall windows, no I cant get it to work again...

    Same Problem. I can't switch to Bluetooth... Same error...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments