Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T15:24:28+00:00

    It is pity that there is not support for bluetooth headphones , however it is more a pity that Microsoft didn't make an effort to make a notify on Your phone app that Bluetooth headphones won't work with the app, and you only get unknown error and you waste your time trying to troubleshoot it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T15:14:14+00:00

    Looks like this isn't currently supported by the App at the moment!

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4531607/troubleshooting-calls

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T15:09:42+00:00

    Hi. Did Microsoft get back to you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T09:50:07+00:00

    Same issue. My galaxy buds are connected to my laptop and are working fine for all kinds of audio output. However, while making calls, it forces me to use my phone instead of using the buds for calls.  Let me know once you find a solution, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-20T01:03:42+00:00

    I also have the same issue here. First it worked properly. Only dialing pad works but the sound.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments