Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-25T02:53:59+00:00

    Once you make a call with the phone app, turn up the Bluetooth audio volume on your cellphone which will then let you hear the audio on your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-25T02:53:28+00:00

    Hey,

    Supposedly if you're using a Bluetooth headset it won't work. 

    If you are using a wired headset and your audio is working but not your audio then check your phone. The audio volume settings are on your phone. 

    Once you make a call with the phone app, turn up the Bluetooth audio volume on your cellphone which will then let you hear the audio on your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T05:52:47+00:00

    i have the same problem

    using headphons with usb dongle.

    it used to work few weeks ago...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-07T09:19:21+00:00

    This is such a pity that a standard universally used like bluetooth doesn't work with that app. 

    I have a different problem but similar, If I use my bluetooth headset connected to my phone and I opened my computer, this garbage app just cut the connection with bluetooth and I have to use the phone directly again. 

    Great job at making things easier for your customers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T22:23:08+00:00

    I also have this problem, but I don't have bluetooth headphones, but a wireless - with USB dongle.

    I could understand bluetooth devices, but even a usb wireless? seriously?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments