Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T18:32:55+00:00

    I am having this exact same issue. I have been looking at these toubleshooting stepos for several month and none of them work!. My PC is perfectly connected to the phone via bluetooth, it streams media from my phone to PC over bluetooth (with sound) I just can not get the audio out from phone calls. I looked at my sound setting and have this issue that I do not think belongs. There are also other Devices in Device manager that need a home too. But the A2DP SNK is what drives the audio out to my PC. The od thing is if I uninstall my realtek drivers, I get the basic Microsoft Default HD Audio device. Once I do that the Device is shown under the Audio section of Bluetooth and Other Devices. It does not change the fact that I do not get audio out from a phone call but it is strange once I install the relatek driver that entry for audio in bluetooth and other devices disappears. I have done multiple factory resets of the PC I have done multiple factory resets of the phone. 

    Unfortunately I have little faith in Samsungs ability to help me trouble shoot as The Phone support there does not know the difference between hardware and software. and at one point I got chat support for samsung involved, He told me My s20 was not capable. I showed him several youtube videos of this working and he tried it himself over chat, and said huh, I can do that with my phone and I have the same phone and OS you do.  

    Dear Microsoft I have done a Feedback on this several weeks ago. Please help us!

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-02T15:13:26+00:00

    It works for me now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-02T09:30:07+00:00

    After reinstalling the sound driver in pc , it works fine for one day.

    then the issue start again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-28T09:24:46+00:00

    Even I am getting the same, I thought this would make my life a little easy as I can put my phone down and let my Laptop do all the work.

    But I don't think it's going to happen.

    Using no Bluetooth device to relay the voice direct output from Laptop speakers but no luck same with the mic tested the mic as well which seems to be working on every other app but not for calls.

    Hence one solution get a headphone which connects 2 devices connect one to laptop one to phone viola the problem is resolved. can make the calls from laptop without touching my phone and headphone as its connected to my phone as well giving me the output.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T09:32:31+00:00

    it doesnt work,

    the phone seems to be connected to the PC but the audio is not.

    tried with and without the headphones connected to my PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments