Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T22:23:08+00:00

    I also have this problem, but I don't have bluetooth headphones, but a wireless - with USB dongle.

    I could understand bluetooth devices, but even a usb wireless? seriously?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T15:09:42+00:00

    Hi. Did Microsoft get back to you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T08:58:18+00:00

    Same for me.

    Everything was working, hat to reinstall windows, no I cant get it to work again...

    Same Problem. I can't switch to Bluetooth... Same error...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-05T11:13:03+00:00

    While my issue was similar, but not identical, the radical solution offered by support was to reinstall Windows 10,

    OMG it worked!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-05T03:57:32+00:00

    Hi ItayLev,

    I'm sorry to hear that. As a customer like you, I understand. Once this bug fix will be released, we should all be good. Thanks for your help.

    Well, if you need any other Windows 10 help, feel free to post us anytime & we'd be more than happy to help.

    Thanks for your time & please take care always.

    Stay healthy & happy. Cheers!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Hey Paul.

    I am having interesting issues with linking the phone and windows. Not dissimilar to this type of issue.

    I have tried MS advisers and no luck in resolving my issue yet.

    If you are interested in this type of issue I will provide further details.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments