Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T20:52:53+00:00

    I had the same issue with my bluetooth headphones. I have them connected to my computer and can use them to make any number of conference calls on Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc. I can connect my Galaxy Note9 to my PC and see the screen and dial out, but I was unable to hear the audio through my bluetooth headset. If I disconnect my bluetooth headset then I can hear the audio through my computer speakers, and use the mic.

    The only way I can make this work is if I disconnect my bluetooth headset from the computer, and instead connect it to the phone. Then during the phone call I can select "Use Phone" from the Phone app and then click the bluetooth icon (from the phone screen) and point it to my headset. If I look at my bluetooth settings on the phone at that point I can see that my computer is "Connected for calls" and my headset is "Connected for audio and calls".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-05T03:23:07+00:00

    Hi,

    I've experienced same problem. Is it a bug in app?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-02T15:11:33+00:00

    Hi ItayLev,

    I'm sorry to hear that. As a customer like you, I understand. Once this bug fix will be released, we should all be good. Thanks for your help.

    Well, if you need any other Windows 10 help, feel free to post us anytime & we'd be more than happy to help.

    Thanks for your time & please take care always.

    Stay healthy & happy. Cheers!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-02T14:17:32+00:00

    Didn't work.

    I've sent a feedback to Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T11:48:38+00:00

    Hi ItayLev,

    I'm Paul, a fellow customer like you & an Independent Advisor. Kindly try these steps below. Thanks.

    1. Try to check if your Bluetooth connection gets disconnected.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/...

    1. Try to check if the issue persists even using other apps like Skype. If yes, then go through this link below.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

    1. Else, kindly go through this link below.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/453129...

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments