Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T12:09:30+00:00

    Hey Paul,

    Thank you for your response,

    None of the above assisted me,

    This is not a sound problem,my sounds works fine in my computer.

    The Bluetooth connection working well in other independent devices, Both from my PC and my Android phone.

    I do not think it is error with the Bluetooth connection because I can make calls from the PC and receive notification on a new incoming call,

    I have also rested all the Bluetooth settings just to make sure and it didn't help.

    So I suspect there is bug on the app on the PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-05T08:56:12+00:00

    Seems that the issue only persist with bluetooth headphones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T15:24:28+00:00

    It is pity that there is not support for bluetooth headphones , however it is more a pity that Microsoft didn't make an effort to make a notify on Your phone app that Bluetooth headphones won't work with the app, and you only get unknown error and you waste your time trying to troubleshoot it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T13:59:54+00:00

    Hi,

    I did all the steps you mentioned,

    It didn't helped.

    I also tried to use different phone (Redmi note 8 pro) but still the problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T11:55:50+00:00

    Have you already looked at this?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4531607/troubleshooting-calls

    Have you looked at Settings>System>Sound? What do you have showing and if you need to check Advanced Sound options. Where are your headphones connected, plugged in?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments