NE is right. Nine of my 22 machines did not have the option until upgraded to 2004. Then just like magic the option was there on all 22.
Rick
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.
What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.
I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.
What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
NE is right. Nine of my 22 machines did not have the option until upgraded to 2004. Then just like magic the option was there on all 22.
Rick
It's unbelievable that this is still an issue.
I have a customer that is hosting websites, backup servers and a bunch of stuff on Windows 10 boxes.
After an automatic backup and service reboot, their stuff has been down all weekend.
I was called in to find several of the boxes sitting in this state with none of the services back up after a reboot.
Serious question: IS THIS A JOKE?
Once I upgraded my 22 machines from the 1909 to the 2004 Windows release and verified that. the "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" is unchecked in Notifications and Actions, I have not had a reoccurrence at any reboots since July.
Rick
Thank you. From your message I Googled "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" and found where in Windows to change this, here: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/09/how-to-disable-get-even-more-out-of-windows-on-windows-10/
Here's the short version, but they have more details and the registry way at the above link:
Thank you,
Jim
Just flying over the cuckoo nest here...
I have the same problem. I use Windows 10 Pro for art installations. I can't tell you how many times this happens where some stupid BS screen pops up and prevents the computer from working as intended.
So... Is there any official solution yet?
Conversely, does Windows IOT prevent this from happening?
This is unofficial but based on my experience, once I upgraded my 20+ Windows 10 Pro PCs to version 2004 (and now upgraded to 20H2), the notification options to stop the blue screen seems to work.
That is, once upgraded and the options turned off I have not had a reoccurrence of data loss because of the blue screen nag.
Rick