Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-17T21:43:25+00:00

    I tried the following:

    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

    ContentDeliveryAllowed  00000001 -> 00000000

    Disabling all content delivery honestly seems like the best option now.  I don't know if it works, and it may be overkill, but no other setting I've tried works (at least with update 1909).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T20:33:00+00:00

    I've just arrived at this thread because the dreaded blue screens have just wrecked my day over a whole bunch of public-facing machines. Did the ContentDeliveryAllowed -> 0 fix work for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T23:30:38+00:00

    Once I upgraded my 22 machines from the 1909 to the 2004 Windows release and verified that.  the "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" is unchecked in Notifications and Actions, I have not had a reoccurrence at any reboots since July. 

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T10:37:32+00:00

    I don't have that option in Notificagtions and Actions and this morning I had the damn "... get the most out of..." **** screen again.

    It's really hateful. 

    Good that you managed to switch it off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T11:23:15+00:00

    You need to upgrade to windows 10 build 2004, then you'll have the option available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments