Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T17:24:25+00:00

    I disable that registry key already as part of my imaging process. When i make a new windows 10 image, i start up the vm with the network card disconnected. i then run the following command. Need to do it before windows can connect to the internet. I might just be clicking "run as administrator" on this and it does work.

    reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent /v DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

    I do it this way because when i first started imaging windows 10, certain metro applications would prevent sysprep to run properly. So had to do before they got downloaded and installed.

    Regardless, my point is this is set for me on every machine that has windows 10 in the company. And obviously does not solve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-03T12:37:23+00:00

    Get "Get even more out of Windows" out of Windows would be a nice start.

    I tried the following:

    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

    ContentDeliveryAllowed  00000001 -> 00000000

    See what happens using the Russian roulette approach.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-04T12:00:30+00:00

    This requires you to have the "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" option under System->Notifications & actions in the control panel.

    As I understand, this option is only available in preview versions of Windows 10.

    You would also need to use the option "0" to disable it:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/137645-turn-off-get-even-more-out-windows-suggestions-windows-10-a.html

    Anyways, this option is not available on my devices running:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.778]

    If you skip the screen by rebooting PC or pressing "Skip for now", the screen will not reappear for a while(I suspect the monthly updates retrigger it), so it's quite hard to immediately confirm that you fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more