Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T23:58:34+00:00

    Thanks a lot for the clear cut reply.

    I will look into how to upgrade to at least 2004.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T22:26:45+00:00

    Just flying over the cuckoo nest here...

    I have the same problem. I use Windows 10 Pro for art installations. I can't tell you how many times this happens where some stupid BS screen pops up and prevents the computer from working as intended.

    So... Is there any official solution yet?

    Conversely, does Windows IOT prevent this from happening?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T01:30:48+00:00

    NE is right.  Nine of my 22 machines did not have the option until upgraded to 2004. Then just like magic the option was there on all 22.

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T11:23:15+00:00

    You need to upgrade to windows 10 build 2004, then you'll have the option available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T10:37:32+00:00

    I don't have that option in Notificagtions and Actions and this morning I had the damn "... get the most out of..." **** screen again.

    It's really hateful. 

    Good that you managed to switch it off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments