Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T09:42:31+00:00

    Hi Andre'a-

    Sorry, that's not possible. That's what the conclusion of this thread is about: you can't disable that without updating to a more recent windows, I'm afraid. It's a real pain.

    You have 2 choices:

    1. Live with it - the "Get Even More out of Windows" will pop up once per month
    2. Update windows as Rick described. I have done this in recent weeks on 18 computers; all the updates worked flawlessly and required no interference from me. I would say it's a very safe procedure

    There is no option 3, I'm afraid. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T19:59:59+00:00

    OK. If the computer is on the internet:

    1. In a browser go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    2. Click the "Update Now" 
    3. If you are booting with a local account skip creating a Microsoft account.

    If the computer is not on the internet:

    1. Go to a computer that is and take a USB (thumb drive with you at least 8 GB).
    2. In a browser go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    3. Click on "Download Tool Now"
    4. Run the downloaded program 
    5. The program will download the new Windows 10 and create a bootable USB drive.
    6. Take the USB drive to the machine to be upgraded and run the setup.exe on the USB drive.
    7. The setup will upgrade the PC to Windows 20H2.

    There are lots of detailed instructions on the InterTube, one is:

    https://www.askvg.com/tip-create-bootable-usb-drive-from-windows-10-iso-using-official-tool/

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T14:31:11+00:00

    It's unbelievable that this is still an issue.

    I have a customer that is hosting websites, backup servers and a bunch of stuff on Windows 10 boxes.

    After an automatic backup and service reboot, their stuff has been down all weekend.

    I was called in to find several of the boxes sitting in this state with none of the services back up after a reboot.

     Serious question: IS THIS A JOKE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T09:19:13+00:00

    I'm trying all of the suggestions and then have to wait

    This is super irritating behavior of Microsoft, just like all the nonsense software that comes with Windows nowadays. Just makes me decide to never buy another MS product ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-03T12:37:23+00:00

    Get "Get even more out of Windows" out of Windows would be a nice start.

    I tried the following:

    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

    ContentDeliveryAllowed  00000001 -> 00000000

    See what happens using the Russian roulette approach.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments