1809 update to 1909/2004 failed,error code: 0x80004005 - 0x60016

Anonymous
2020-03-07T07:38:44+00:00

OS version: Windows10 Home 1809

I used Windows update, MediaCreationTool1909, ISO file and USB install for updating to 1909 but all failed. Then I switched to Insider Preview and tried to update to 2004 but still failed.

Logs:

CBS.log

SetupDiagResults.log

WindowsUpdate.log

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-20T16:57:20+00:00

Try using bcdedit to remove the entry then check the registry to see if it is gone..  Copy and pasting GUID numbers makes it very easy to make sure the ID is correct..

bcdedit /delete {5ea6dc0b-7e7b-4d4e-af09-58846bdaabda}

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-03-08T14:30:57+00:00

    If you do not want to wait, you can always reinstall Windows.

    How to do a clean install

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-08T11:46:41+00:00

    finally, I enabled WindowsRE successfully.

    But, updating still failed when I used MediaCreationTool.

    BTW, Reset in Windows also doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-08T07:08:51+00:00

    Hi, I copied bootrec.exe from a windows .iso, and ran /rebuildbcd, but it said "The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-08T06:16:28+00:00

    yes, I try to update to 1909 but failed, so I opened insider preview to get 2004 but still failed.

    I don't know about the OS loader :(

    And Windows language is Simplified Chinese.

    there is the regedit when I searching the key:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments