Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T14:58:15+00:00

    This is what finally worked for me. I'm on a domain so when I logged in as a local administrator, the accounts didn't even show up in Email & accounts. I signed back into my domain account then went to Access work or school and see the account I want to get rid of has the Disconnect button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T13:20:43+00:00

    Mine does not have a delete account

    Mine does not have a remove account

    Mine does not have a disable account

    Not in the same section

    Not above

    Not below

    Not in a house with a mouse
    Not with a box, not with a fox

    Mine has a manage account - no other option and you have to log in with that account to do anything and won't let you switch account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T02:47:26+00:00

    Worked flawlessly for me....Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T09:09:40+00:00

    worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments