Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-01T13:05:22+00:00

    Very simple, well written instructions. I had a couple of missteps... becuase I didn't follow your instructions.

    But Solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T23:41:55+00:00

    Your solution works. Many thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T22:21:31+00:00

    Now that amused me. Sadly though it's an even bigger shambles in Android if you have a family and a business setup. Prepare for tears.

    I have been trying to sort out one drive but I have the family login and the business one on this new PC. Trying to be thorough at initial setup.  I set up OneDrive with my Business account. So it slaps me on the back of my hand and pops over the Family one and uses that. So I get the wrong data.

    I tried Microsoft "help". That expression must be oxymoron of the year.  They haven't got a clue.

    If you hear a loud splash it will be me jumping into the North Sea with an anchor chain lashed round my ankles.

    It would be SO, SO easy to give us a delete button. But this, of course, is Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments