Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-29T11:22:17+00:00

    I switched to a local account and I STILL cannot remove the old and dead email account. When I go to Email & Accounts", click "Manage" (as there is NO remove option), it takes me to a Microsoft web page...

    This should be simple. A delete button that just works. Not some complicated process that some idiot designed.

    I tried settings -> Access work or School -> that shows connect option with existing configured emails. On click on email account there is a Disconnect button that solved the problem. 

    Please try it... in my case it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    300+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T13:09:09+00:00

    I switched to a local account and I STILL cannot remove the old and dead email account. When I go to Email & Accounts", click "Manage" (as there is NO remove option), it takes me to a Microsoft web page...

    This should be simple. A delete button that just works. Not some complicated process that some idiot designed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    400+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T01:28:04+00:00

    Hello, my name is Joshua an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community. Thank you for posting your question, and I would be more than happy to assist you today.

    The reason why you are not able to remove the e-mail account in the app is that you are currently signed in to a Microsoft Account, You need to sign-in back to a local account in order to remove the e-mail account in the 'Mail' app.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402706...

    If there are still some issues please let me know.

    If you have further questions please do not hesitate to reply back.

    Have a great day!

    Regards,

    Joshua

    Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments