Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T21:36:57+00:00

    That works but why not from Email & Accounts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-01T02:15:50+00:00

    THANK YOU! I've been trying to remove that work account for over a year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T22:08:21+00:00

    Thanks for this!

    Quick and easy steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T17:58:01+00:00

    Thank you for this. I was looking for months on how to remove my old school account. I just ignored the warnings (which is annoying).

    But probably not as annoying as Microsoft not making an user friendly, intuitive system to find things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments