Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T06:51:15+00:00

    Absolutely, the following solved the problem to remove an old email account :

    settings -> Access work or School -> that shows connect option with existing configured emails. Click on email account you want to remove and click on the Disconnect button to remove the account and that solves the problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-28T18:49:53+00:00

    I set a computer up for a friend and of course Microsoft requires you to use a Microsoft account. I did that, then went into Accounts/Your Info and set it to log on with a local account. My Microsoft account still shows up under "Email and Accounts." It does not show up under "Access Work or School." Any other suggestions? I looked in the registry under Users/.Default/Software/Microsoft/IdentityCRL/StoredIdentities, but it is not there either.

    IMHO if Microsoft is going to insist you use a Microsoft account, they could make it a lot easier to remove it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T01:28:36+00:00

    IDIOTS...cant agree more

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T02:30:02+00:00

    This worked for me as well, had two stuck accounts that I no longer had access to! 

    Thanks for the steps

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments