Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T17:58:01+00:00

    Thank you for this. I was looking for months on how to remove my old school account. I just ignored the warnings (which is annoying).

    But probably not as annoying as Microsoft not making an user friendly, intuitive system to find things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T09:44:06+00:00

    Just wanted to say thank you!!!! Tried to 'remove' my old college account back and forth forever and finally found the answer in your link.

    Again, thanks so much! Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T07:26:08+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T20:01:36+00:00

    Try this:

    1. Click Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    2. Click the account you want to remove
    3. Click Disconnect

    More information can be found here: 

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-remove-a-work-or-school-account-from-windows/22403d43-91b6-4724-b509-ab3d28031e05

    I hope that helps!

     

    That was easy but NOT intuitive or easy to find. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments