incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-06-14T19:07:58+00:00

    I've had the same issues and I'm pretty confident that it's related to the most recent update Windows Live Essentials 2011 update

    I've had a couple of clients complain of a sudden error for a bad username/ password in Windows Live 2011 despite not changing their passwords or any other settings.

    I read about the recent update to Windows Live Essential in March and had a hunch it might be related. I had a version of Window Live 2011 on a machine that hadn't received the most recent update so I created and configured a brand new dummy email account on POP3 and ran into no issues, downloaded the update, and, sure enough, received the same error.

    Anyone know a fix or if it's possible to rollback the most recent update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-14T23:29:12+00:00

    That is exactly when this issue started.  Until I installed the latest version of  Windows Live Essentials, I never had this problem. 

    I am going to see if I can back up, but I doubt it, because as one of the attempts to solve the issue, I uninstalled the newest version, and then reinstalled it!  No doubt lost the ability to back up twice.

    Does MS have a previous version available somewhere such that I can revert without losing my personal Mail files?

    Good info, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-06-21T22:30:06+00:00

    Very interesting ... After posting on this forum, and contacting ATT, suddenly my issue has disappeared now for 2 full days.  I did nothing, myself.  I'm sure that if I checked, I'd find that either MS provided a wee update or ATT did something within their network settings.

    Nevertheless, I hope it continues.  I'll accept nameless, invisible fixes anytime they work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments